Precautions while taking Misoprostol
Misoprostol is a generic name given to medicine which is used to abort the fetus. It can terminate the pregnancy which is of less than 45 days that is nearly 7 week from the date of last menstrual cycle. If you are pregnant and don't want to continue with the pregnancy, then you can opt anyone of the options to abort the fetus lime surgical removal of the fetus, abortion pills. Abortion pills are one of the most convenient and cheap way to terminate the pregnancy within 24 hours. Even though the level of the convenience is high, when you opt for abortion pill like Misoprostol, but it is also very important to know about the precautions to be taken before you consume it to avoid unwanted result for your health.
Below is the list of some of the precautions to be taken before consuming Misoprostol:
1. Before opting for Misoprostol, it is really very important to tell your pharmacist or your doctor about allergic that you might be carrying. You should let me know about the type of allergic you have or if you are allergic to specific medication. There are a lot of inactive ingredients that are present in such type of pills and they can get active and react to the allergic to trigger it. It is best to talk to your doctor about it; so that he can give you are possible type of reaction for your type of allergic.
2. Before making use of this type of medication, it is also very important to let your doctor or pharmacist know about your medical history, especially if you have any diseases which is related to your stomach or intestine like for example inflammatory diseases. Let you doctor know about any previous cesarean delivery, previous abortion or uterine surgeries carried on you, so that he can be sure about giving the pills vaginally.
3. If you have a habit of taking alcohol or tobacco on daily basis, then you should also understand that the changes of stomach bleeding gets usher after consumption of Misoprostol. It is recommended to limit the use of alcohol, smoking and tobacco intake.
4. If you wish to end your pregnancy by making use of the combination pills with mifepristone, then let your doctor know about it beforehand. Most of cases of incomplete abortion occur by taking Misoprostol only. So talk to your doctor about it.
5. It is very important to follow the instructions given by your doctor very carefully and you should be closely monitored by your doctor after the abortion has taken place for any signs of side effects. If you have any doubts about aftermath of abortion and clear your doubts with your doctor beforehand.
6. You will bleeding within few hours after taking Misoprostol, so you don't have to panic about it, if you see any vaginal bleeding. But, however tell your heart care provide about some of the unlike signs and symptoms of bleeding like prolonged vagina bleeding, severe bleeding, painful cramps, fainting, and nausea. Fever or chills can be sign of some type of infection.
7. If you are more than 7 weeks pregnant, then it is recommended that you don't take Misoprostol only, as it can be life-threatening to you as well as to the fetus. It is result into premature delivery, stomach ulcers. If you are of childbearing age, then it is recommended to opt for birth controls options, apart from taking Misoprostol at least for one or two months. It is better to take them for at least one complete menstrual cycle of yours, after you stop taking it.
8. If you think you are pregnant, or if you are in a doubt that you may be pregnant. Then it is better to let your doctor know about it. So he can conduct a physical check to confirm whether you are pregnant or not. Once the result is negative, then you can take it as a birth control options. This medication does passes through the Breast milk, but however reports have shown that is doesn't infect the nursing infant. But it is best to consult your doctor, if you are nursing an infant.
9. Never predict anything by yourself, you doctor has given your instructions to follow, so don't make your own instructions. Your health care provider might be aware of the possible reaction of specific medication on your body, so it is better to inform him first, if the medication is not working for you properly. Never starter stop or change the amount of dosage of any medicine that you think will suit you. It is better to inform your doctor first and he will do the needful for you.
10. Before starting this type of medication, it is recommended that you let your doctor know about any of the non-prescribed or herbal products that you might be taking, so that he can suggest you to continue or discontinue it. It is a good idea to keep a list of all the medication that you are in taking currently, so that it would be easy for you to present it in front of your doctor, if he demands for it.
These are some of the most important points that you should keep in mind, if you are thinking of taking Misoprostol, so that you don't have to face any type of side effects later on.